I needed an appetizer that I could leave out for the whole night as we were renting the UFC fights and had friends coming over.
So I decided I would make Corn Salsa. I have had this at parties in the past and always wanted to eat the whole bowl.
Side Note: I have a salsa addiction – any kind of salsa. I would eat chips and salsa for every meal for the rest of my life if I was given the option.
I didn’t chop all the ingredients real fine as I wanted to make sure that everyone could pick out whatever it was that they didn’t like (I’m talking to all the onion haters out there). If you want to finely chop all the ingredients it will turn out just as good!
- 1 Can Yellow Corn (drained)
- 1 Can White Corn (drained)
- 1 Can Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/4 of a Hot Pepper (I used a Jalapeño, but didn’t use any seeds and cut into chunks so it added heat but could be picked out)
- 1/4 Red Onion (cut into thick strips)
- The Juice of 4 Limes
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Cloves Roasted and Crushed Garlic (I tossed the garlic in a pan and got it really hot on the stove and then let it cool and crushed it but I can imagine roasting would have been great as well)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
I chopped everything up, tossed all the ingredients in a bowl with the spices, and mixed it up.
I have noticed that if you put it in the fridge overnight, the flavor gets much better.