When I had my baby shower I got some amazing gifts and it inspired me to create a list of different things that I could get for friends and family when they were celebrating their little additions.
Here are a few of the items that I got that I really loved!
Something made by hand:
- Crochet a blanket
- Sew a bib (or pick up one of my hand-sewn bibs here)
- Cross stitch a towel
- Growth “chart”
- Stuffed animal
Things mom doesn’t know she needs kit (you could call this the “oh shoot” bag):
- Baby Aspirin
- Bandages (you will need all different shapes, sizes and of course cute patterns)
- Breastfeeding lotion (Lanolin was my favorite)
- Teething Rings
- Safety Pins
- Burp cloths
- Bleach Pen
- Wet Wipes (not the diaper kind, but the kind they give you when you get ribs – to eliminate anything sticky)
- Chocolate and Wine (basically every “survival kit” should include these items or it’s not really a survival kit – think how much easier the girl from “The Hunger Games” would have had it if she had some Chocolate and Wine…
A “memories” basket
- Baby book
- Photo frame
- Something everyone who visits at the hospital signs
- Gift certificate for family/baby photos
- Tooth Fairy Jar
- Elf on a Shelf
- 12 seasonally relevant outfits (one for each month of their first year – the more I think about this the more I think I might make a blog post about this alone – the cuteness I see in my head is making me giggle)
- Basically, a containment system for the flood of paperwork and “I made this just for you mom” items that will be coming through the door over the next few years
- A Jar of Pennies – Read Why Here!!
- Something passed down (or a tradition)
Something for Mom AFTER the baby
- Certificate for massage, pedicure…etc.
- Wholesale store membership (Sam’s Club, BJ’s, Costco)
- Something from the registry
- The clothing they can use down the road (no need to get small sizes – they do grow)
What are some of your best baby shower gift ideas??