I love my vegetables but sadly, broccoli is not high up on my list of veggie favorites.
I don’t like the way it smells when you cook it and I don’t like the soggy texture when it’s cooked.
I LOVE raw broccoli. I love it even more in this tasty broccoli salad.
It’s a super-easy way to get in some extra veggies.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 heads of broccoli (or two bags of frozen broccoli)
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 small red onion
- 12 slices of bacon (you can skip the meat if you don’t want to include it)
Note: You can add in nuts (peanuts or almonds) but I have a nut allergy so I skip this step.
How to Make It:
- Mix mayo, sugar, and vinegar. Set aside.
- Cook bacon so it’s good and crispy and chop into bits.
- Cut broccoli, chop onion, and dressing.
- Boil 2 cups of water and quickly “dunk” the broccoli into the water (I do it in the strainer for no more than 30 seconds)… this makes the broccoli a little softer.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Let sit in the fridge overnight so all the flavor mixes and soaks into the broccoli.